Fingerings within voiced chord throw an error (Lilypond 2.20.0)

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Fingerings within voiced chord throw an error (Lilypond 2.20.0)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 23:46:03 +1000

I have a chord of two notes.  And I'd like to split it into two voices so that the top note's stem points up, and the bottom note's stem points down, and with a fingering, like this:

<<{\set fingeringOrientations = #'(left) <g-2>4}\\{c,4}>>

However, in Frescobaldi this throws the error "return code -1073741819".  I can voice it without a fingering, or within a single voice, so that either of these work:

<<g4\\c,4>>
\set fingeringOrientations = #'(left left) <g-2 c,>4

but voiced, and with a left-hand fingering, seems impossible.  What's annoying is that I was able to do exactly this a few bars ago.  So somehow something's happened in the last few bars which has thrown Lilypond off and is now causing an error.  But all the intervening bars compile without any errors or warnings.

Here's a picture of the last line so far:

marais_error.png
You'll see the correct output in the second beat of bar 92.  Also notice that in bar 91 there is a chord of five notes of which the top stem points up, the bottom stems down.  When I copied this into bar 95 I got the same error, so I had to put all notes into the same voice.

How can I find out what's causing this error?

Thanks very much,
Alasdair