Re: Fingering: showing strings by dots?

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Fingering: showing strings by dots?
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 21:02:53 +0200

Hi Harm and thank you for your detailed answer.
For some reason, at the first time, I was pretty sure it looked like curved beams...
My mistake!
Cheers,
Pierre

Le dim. 23 août 2020 à 19:11, Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> a écrit :
Am So., 23. Aug. 2020 um 18:39 Uhr schrieb Pierre Perol-Schneider
<pierre.schneider.paris@gmail.com>:

> Sure Harm, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YND32HckZqk&t=1m24s
> Cheers,
> Pierre
>
> Le dim. 23 août 2020 à 11:02, Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Am So., 23. Aug. 2020 um 10:52 Uhr schrieb Pierre Perol-Schneider
>> <pierre.schneider.paris@gmail.com>:
>> >
>> > Dear Andrew,

>> > I saw Harm (T. Morley) making a short presentation (no details) of curved beams few months ago (in german).
>> > So, yes, it's possible...
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Pierre
>> >

>> Could you post the link?
>> I don't remember lol
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Harm

Hi Pierre,

That's the video of my talk at Salzburg.
Though, the topic was not about curvy beams. I just showed some images
to demonstrate what's possible with user-code. Meant as an
introduction.
Among those were indeed wavy Beams (more attached).
Alas, the code for it is much more complicated than the one I actually
showed during the talk.
And those wavy Beams don't follow the pitches (as those in the
manuscripts by Bach etc). I developed the code for the (paid)
type-setting of some avantgarde composition - there they stand more
for only vague determined note-durations.
If you look closely you'll see that the stems need to be adjusted frequently.

To summarize, the code for those wavy Beams will not do what's desired here!
Nevertheless it may be not impossible, though I've not the time to
dive into it...

Cheers,
  Harm