Re: Humdrum **kern and LilyPond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Humdrum **kern and LilyPond
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 22:45:35 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 30.06.2020, 17:28 +0200 schrieb Jacques Menu:
> Hello folks,
>
> I’ve been wondering : is Humdrum **kern in wide use,

I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know it is *in use*,
and I'd be interested in any integration with LilyPond. Craig Sapp has
- not that long ago - written a kern-to-MEI converter, and there is the
VerovioHumdrum Viewer at https://verovio.humdrum.org/

> and do you know of any work or application involving both Humdrum
> **kern and LilyPond?

I'm not sure about the state of affairs, but Jan-Peter has at least
started a proof-of-concept of a two-way kern-lilypond-kern converter.
He may not be currently monitoring the mailing lists too closely,
though.

Urs