ties between voices

From: David Zelinsky
Subject: ties between voices
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 23:03:01 -0400

I've done some reasonably complicated things in Lilypond, but still have
lots to learn.  My current conundrum is to typeset the attached snippet.
I can't figure out how to get the tie between the G's, without breaking
the double stops in the first measure into two separate voices, and so
breaking their stems.  Can someone show me how to do this?

It may be debatable whether it should be notated this way.  I think it
should.  (It's from the Glière cello duos, op. 53.)  But my question is
how to do it, assuming this is desired result.

If it matters, I'm using version 2.20.

Thanks.

--
David Z