Re: Vertical gap between two simultaneous pedals

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Vertical gap between two simultaneous pedals
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 09:15:36 -0400

Hi all,

> However, I would like to avoid the Dynamics layer, because it introduces
> redundancy.
> Is there a way to achieve the same result without that layer?

If you want to really make Lilypond leap forward as an engraving tool, figure
out a way to allow a grob (in this case a pedal bracket) to be "pushed" from
one context (in this case a Staff) to another [adjacent? arbitrary?!] context
(in this case a Dynamics). Then we’d all have the best of both worlds: complete
context-ual flexibility with no redundancy.  =)

We already have "\change Staff"… Surely this can’t be that hard?!
(Note: If I could *find* the definition of "change" in the code, I might be
able to do it myself. Apparently my search-fu is weak.)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info