Re: Vertical gap between two simultaneous pedals

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Vertical gap between two simultaneous pedals
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 09:49:31 +0200

Hi Paolo,
How about:

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      c'4 c' c' c'
      r1 \break
      c'4 c' c' c'
      r1
    }
    \new Dynamics
    \with { \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing.padding = #3 } {
      s4\sostenutoOn s s s\sostenutoOff
      s1 \break
      s4\sustainOn s s s\sustainOff
      s1
    }
    \new Dynamics {
      s4\sustainOn s s s\sustainOff
      s1 \break
      s4 s s\sostenutoOn s\sostenutoOff
      s1
    }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Dynamics
      pedalSustainStyle = #'mixed

Pierre

Le dim. 14 juin 2020 à 03:32, Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hello,

Is there a way to set a *minimum* vertical gap between two simultaneous pedals (Sostenuto and Sustain)? It has to work regardless of the vertical order of the pedals (sustain above sostenuto or viceversa) and we can assume that:

1) no other grob is placed between them.

2) no other grob is below the inferior pedal

(I would like to avoid to tweak the outside-staff-padding  property on the inferior pedal each time it appears...)

{

\set Staff.pedalSustainStyle = #'mixed
c'4\sustainOn\sostenutoOn c' c' c'\sustainOff\sostenutoOff

r1 \break

c'4\sustainOn c' c'\sostenutoOn c'\sostenutoOff\sustainOff

r1 \break

}

Thanks very much for your help!