Re: How to pass a fraction as a parameter for a Scheme function

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: How to pass a fraction as a parameter for a Scheme function
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 00:56:29 +0200

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 1:15 PM Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com> wrote:
.  If all that was needed was
to specify a duration, then it might not matter since four quarters is
the same as two halves.  However then, David's suggestion of using
ly:duration? would make much more sense.

I agree, but my last observation was not associated with the initial question, nor to Lilypond; it shows an ambiguity which is associated with the italian language.
For mysterious reasons the term "rational" has a different meaning in italian than the english/french one, then a note on the documentation is desirable...
Best,

-- Aaron Hill