Re: Free rhythm in part of a bar

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Free rhythm in part of a bar
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 18:11:58 +0200

Peter Toye <lilypond@ptoye.com> writes:

> David,
>
> Thanks. That solves the vocal line, but it doesn't seem to solve the
> synchronisation issue with the accompaniment, which is rather
> necessary in a song!

To quote: "1) How do I get the desired result, which is one bar with the
first 2 crotchets synchronised with the bass, and the rest
unsynchronised?"

Can you explain what you mean by "unsynchronised"?  Stuff just doesn't
add up.  Your vocal line ends with a full bar rest, your accompagniment
ends with a half rest.  You want stuff to have synchronisation but be
unsynchronised.

You can insert \skip 8*14 (for example) in the bass but I have no idea
whatsoever what you actually want.

--
David Kastrup