A weird spacing problem

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: A weird spacing problem
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 13:23:15 +0200

Dear all,

I’m vainly struggling with a weird spacing problem that I’ve never seen before: the dot belonging to, for instance, c’2. is widely separated from the note itself. (See screenshot).
In this section the horizontal note spacing  is also rather capricious. ( \time 3/4 for the entire piece. No problems until bar 46 - and after bar 49 unti the end (bar 55 )

I’ve no idea what could have caused this.

And I’ll be very grateful for any suggestion.

Best regards,

Robert Blackstone