Re: Rests vertical position problem

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Rests vertical position problem
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 16:42:58 +0200

On 5/19/20, Jacques Menu <address@hidden> wrote:
> This doesn’t change the position of the rests in measure 2, since there’s a
> single voice playing then.

Well, yes: as I said, it doesn’t work yet.  (And the way it’s
currently written, I suspect it would require some fairly substantial
changes.  Or perhaps a whole new Scheme engraver; I’m tempted to look
into it because it would certainly be quite useful.)

On 5/19/20, Jacques Menu <address@hidden> wrote:
> This dates back to four years ago, when I started working on xml2ly...
> Thanks for pointing this enhancement out!

Huh, the
    \tempo "text" dur = bpm
actually dates back to 2008 (it was implemented by Reinhold precisely
for musicxml2ly, and then I added a few additional features a couple
years later).  It’s been available since 2.12.

Cheers,
-- V.