Re: Remote Ensemble Playing

From: antlists
Subject: Re: Remote Ensemble Playing
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 18:37:56 +0000

On 28/03/2020 11:00, Peter Gentry wrote:
I appreciate this is off topic but in these times of social isolation does anyone have any tips. Clearly latency is the main issue – I wonder could this be reduced by say hosting a Zoom meeting on a private router – maybe only one video for a conductor. Experience suggests that a latency of 25ms is not low enough.

Regards Peter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0KiCXZ2IM0

Stuff I've picked up elsewhere - avoid Firefox. I hate to say that, but the evidence is that one user on that and everyone else suffers.

Cheers,
Wol