Re: Peculiar behavior of barlines

From: Sami Amiris
Subject: Re: Peculiar behavior of barlines
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 08:39:21 -0700 (MST)

> Instead of manually applying X-offset-overrides you may try:
>
> #(define end-of-line-right-aligned-sencil
>   (lambda (grob)
>     (let* ((break-dir (ly:item-break-dir grob))
>            (basic-props (ly:grob-basic-properties grob))
>            (stil-proc (assoc-get 'stencil (reverse basic-props)))
>            (stil
>              (if (procedure? stil-proc)
>                  (stil-proc grob)
>                  point-stencil)))
>
>       (if (negative? break-dir)
>           (ly:stencil-aligned-to stil X RIGHT)
>           stil))))
>

> \layout {
>   \context {
>     \Score
>     \override SpanBar.stencil = #end-of-line-right-aligned-sencil
>   }
>   \context {
>     \Staff
>     \override BarLine.stencil = #end-of-line-right-aligned-sencil
>   }
> }
>
> Should do the trick in most cases.
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

Thank you very much!

Do I understand correctly that you make it count from the right at the end
of the staff system, but in all other cases it does what it usually does?
Whatever it may have at that point, barline, spanline, whatever?

Thank you very, very much! That will probably end the problem for good
then!!

Cheers,

S.A.