Re: Using Frescobaldi compile functionality - first test failed

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Using Frescobaldi compile functionality - first test failed
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 22:57:01 -0500

On Thu 19 Mar 2020 at 23:19:07 (+0100), Pablo Cordal wrote:
> Yes, I noticed that too. In the text "file not found...." some strange
> symbols appear... if that's the problem... men, I have no idea how to fix
> it!

That looks as if you're running a system in ISO Latin-1 but LilyPond
is outputting in Unicode UTF-8. Translating,

Unicode    char   UTF-8   Latin-1 given
code point        bytes   by those bytes

U+00E1     á      C3 A1   á
U+00FA     ú      C3 BA   ú
U+00AB     «      C2 AB   «

According to other threads here, you're wise to avoid using non-ASCII
in file *names* for LilyPond, ie avoid using names like música.ly.

> El jue., 19 mar. 2020 a las 22:30, Urs Liska (<address@hidden>)
> escribió:
> > Is it possible that there is an issue with encoding? Since we can see the
> > scrambled quotation marks in the output? I don't see why this should be the
> > case, but it's at least an observation.

Having odd characters appear in your log/on the console should
not be problem, just ugly. I don't know enough about Windows
to suggest a fix. Can you set different code pages in the
Control Panel? In any case, I see a lot of UTF-16 coming out of
Windows.

Cheers,
David.