lyp

From: Sami Amiris
Subject: lyp
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 10:39:08 -0700 (MST)

Hello esteemed members.

I am not a power-user by any stretch of the imagination, so my questions
might be a bit silly or worse. Still, I will be asking them if I don't find
them answered somewhere, hoping to not impose too much.

I recently read about a problem with Ghostscript relating to lyp.

At first I had a system version, 2.19.84, which ran fine. I installed lyp,
and wanting to take advantage of all the great stuff it allows us to have, I
uninstalled my system lilypond and re-installed it in lyp, along the all-new
stable version. I installed all packages as well. To my dismay, it did not
print at all. Searching the list, I found a similar problem in a thread
about an issue with postscript. I tried to remedy according to what I read,
it did not work. So I uninstalled the lyp-2.19.84 and reinstalled the system
2.19.84. Suddenly it can print, just like before. Of course, the
lyp-installed 2.20 still cannot.

Also, both the lyp version and the system version understand all lyp
commands ("require" etc). The system version which at the moment is the only
one to print, understands them but doesn't render them. It probably ignores
them for some reason. For example, I instruct it to print with the bravura
font, but it doesn't follow through.

Any ideas?

Thank you