Chord options in leadsheets

From: address@hidden
Subject: Chord options in leadsheets
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 02:11:12 -0700 (MST)

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t636/Screenshot_2020-02-22_08.png>

I use Lilypond to prepare jazz leadsheets. Most of the time, this is
straightforward, but the screenshot illustrates three additions I'd like to
be able to include.

1. The ability to provide alternative chords (shown in parentheses above the
first two bars).
2. The ability to indicate optional modifications, as in Am7(b5) and D7(#5).
3. Putting in an optional turnaround (the G7 in the last bar). This is a
special case of 1., where the chord from the previous bar is carried through
if the option isn't taken.

There has been some discussion of these ideas some years back, but it
appears to have petered out, possibly because the posters have resolved
their problems, or perhaps because they got fed up trying!