Re: LSR contribution

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LSR contribution
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 15:54:53 +0100

Hi Michael,

Am Mi., 5. Feb. 2020 um 14:54 Uhr schrieb Michael Käppler <address@hidden>:

> Hi Harm,
> sorry that I did not respond for over one month... Many other things had
> to be done.

Same here...

> Now I would like to finish this snippet to be free for new interesting
> things. ;)
>
> I did substantially rework some parts of the engraver, namely switching
> to a list-processing-way of dealing with current/last-grobs/pitches/...
> Not sure if you like this change. I like it for less code duplication...

Fine with me, I already updated the LSR-code, for now unapproved.
Please have a look whether all is ok, snippet-description and the like.

Probably one suggestion:
How about gving the user some hint or example-message what can be
expected if warnings are triggered or debug-mode is enabled?

> > If a note is last in previous interval and first in a new one, then
> > the color from the new one is done, leaving the first of the previous
> > interval with the for it set color:
> >
> > \score {
> >    <<
> >      \new Staff { b c' b' }
> >      \new Staff { <b c' b'> }
> >    >>
> >    \layout {
> >      \context {
> >        \Voice
> >        \consists
> >          \color_interval_engraver #intervaldefs
> >            #`(("2-" 0 #t ,green)
> >               ("7+" 0 #t ,red)
> >            )
> >      }
> >    }
> > }
> >
> > No clue how to improve this situation.

> You're absolutely right. I think this is unavoidable with this design
> (coloring both notes).
> I added a warning for this case and, while I was at it, some more debug
> output.
> Some neat solution would be to draw Horizontal_brackets instead. Thus we
> could
> correctly represent overlapping intervals, too.
> I do not have the time to implement this, however.

Same here ...

> Cheers,
> Michael

Thanks,