Re: embed-source-code

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: embed-source-code
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 13:35:21 +0100

Am Fr., 13. Dez. 2019 um 13:17 Uhr schrieb Aaron Hill
<address@hidden>:

> On 2019-12-13 3:24 am, Thomas Morley wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > in  Usage Manual, Advanced command line options for LilyPond
> > one can read :
> >
> > embed-source-code
> > Embed the LilyPond source files inside the generated PDF document.
> >
> > Doesn't work with
> > lilypond -dembed-source-code=#t file.ly
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong?
> > If so, howto?
>
> Version, platform, et cetera?
>
> It works on my machine (WSL/Ubuntu 18.04, LilyPond 2.19.83), also just
> saying "-dembed-source-code" seems sufficient to enable the flag.
>
> I am using SumatraPDF to view the generated PDF, and the embedded source
> shows up in the bookmarks.  Clicking the bookmark shows a dialog for
> choosing where to save the attachment.
>

> -- Aaron Hill

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 64-bit
LilyPond 2.19.83 or any other version
For viewing PDF I use evince or FoxitReader.

I've never seen any source-code anywhere
Apart from the cited sentence from the Usage Manual there is no
documentation, no regtest, nothing.
Obviously I've no clue what to do.

It may be that this feature isn't what I want at all, though without
having it working I can't judge.

What I really want Is to print the source-code of my file at the top
of the generated image.
For now I try to modify verbatim-file-markup to be a
markup-list-command and to create other commands to select, delete,
format it as I like.

Cheers,
  Harm