Re: Non-default tuplet numbers

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Non-default tuplet numbers
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 08:49:55 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Bernard" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2019 1:00 AM
Subject: Non-default tuplet numbers

The documentation in the NR for non-default tuplet numbers has an example that appears to me to be musical nonsense. For people coming across this concept for the first time it is simply utterly confusing. All the bars are 4/4 but the tuplets refer to 7 and 12:7 and so on. This is under the selected snippets section of 1.2.1 Writing rhythms/Tuplets.

Can I rewrite this to make sense, and submit a documentation patch?

[I think this snippet is in LSR, where it is exactly the same nonsense (sorry!)]

Andrew

If the documentation comes from a snippet then the snippet will need to be edited on the LSR and then imported to Lilypond. See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/lsr-work for details on this process.

--
Phil Holmes