Re: different staff-staff spacing throughout piece

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: different staff-staff spacing throughout piece
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 23:21:05 -0400

Hi Rachel,

> My piece opens with a cadenza and I want the staffs to be further apart for
> easier reading as there are a lot of knee-beams, but for the rest of the
> piece, I want the default staff-staff spacing. Is this possible?

Two possible solutions:

1. Put the cadenza and the rest of the piece in two different scores, each with
its own spacing parameters.

2. Set the score to the smaller spacing parameters, and then use invisible
markups or padding/spacing tweaks to force the cadenza systems to be further
apart.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)