Re: Slurs in FluidSynth

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Slurs in FluidSynth
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 18:12:31 -0400

On Sep 14, 2019, at 17:15, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here is an example showing _slurs_.  Are you telling me that the
> many instances of two slurred A4 notes are to be sounded only once?
> That would sound pretty awful, and this is a Bach urtext.

Let’s not worry about bariolage.  Instead, let’s say I’ve got a flute part
which is rendered as if every note is tongued, but I want a legato rendering of
slurred notes.

If I understand correctly, there is a poly/mono MIDI mode that has something to
do with this.  I’ve groped and flailed among FluidSynth’s related options with
no success, so I figured there might be some essential information missing from
LilyPond’s MIDI output, but it seems equally possible that I just haven't found
the right set of FluidSynth options.

At some point, I may have time to research this issue in more depth, but I am
hoping that someone here might be able to save me some work.

Regards,
—
Dan