Re: Producing scores for visually impaired and blind people

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Producing scores for visually impaired and blind people
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:03:08 -0500

On 9/13/2019 2:52 PM, Hwaen Ch'uqi wrote:
But I wonder if, now 200 years later, some of
that bulk could be streamlined.

Here is a thread from November 2017, with a new user introduction from Daniel Chavez. A blind musician using LilyPond to make sheet music for sighted people.

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-11/msg00176.html>

That's where I learned that Music Braille exists:
<https://braillebug.org/music_braille.asp>

How that would compare in practice to LilyPond's standard output printed in 3D is probably a question for someone who knows the experience of blind musicians.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA