Lilypond on OS X Catalina

From: Allan Kinnaird
Subject: Lilypond on OS X Catalina
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 18:15:25 +0100

Apologies if this is an inappropriate forum to raise this question, but I am a
Lilypond user wanting to to continue using Lilypond.
Apple flagged on the release of Mojave that it would be the last version of OS
X to support 32-bit applications, and the indications are that Catalina will
only operate with 64-bit applications.
On a system analysis, Lilypond is the only significant application I have still
showing as 32-bit.
Is anyone working on a Catalina compilation of Lilypond? If so, when might the
package be posted?
I am willing to try compiling from source, in spite of recommendations against
on the website.
I know there may be problems - the website provides suggestions for compiling
using dependencies from MacPorts, while experience has guided me away from
MacPorts. I use Homebrew as my main package manager, and it does not play well
with MacPorts.