Re: Detecting first and last pages of a score

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Detecting first and last pages of a score
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 16:47:45 +0200

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

>> On 3/9/19 7:48 am, Leah Velleman wrote:
>>> In
>>> https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond/blob/master/ly/titling-init.ly there
>>> are predicates that detect if the current page is the first or last
>>> one of a /book/, or of a /bookpart/. But it's not clear to me how to
>>> generalize from there. How would I detect if the current page was
>>> the first or last page of a /score/?
>
> Hello Leah,
>
> I have been looking into this. Searching the archives I see you have
> been asking about this since at least 2015.
>
> I don't think it is possible. The control stops art bookparts where
> you can use the on the fly functions. Next level down at \score -
> either impossible or not documented.
>
> Lilypond internals gurus, can we do this? [Pretty please?]

Do _what_?  You can place a score multiple times with its distribution
across pages being different every time.  When do you plan to take
action for "detecting if the current page was the first or last page of
a score" when each copy of the score will have a different page
distribution?  This action can then not be part of the score proper
because it has to be different each time.

--
David Kastrup