Re: Suppress Volta Starting Repeat

From: keith Luke
Subject: Re: Suppress Volta Starting Repeat
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 09:28:05 -1000

I am using LilyPond 2.18.2

  \set Score.voltaSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 4/4)
  \repeat volta 2 { g1 ~ }
  \alternative {
    {
      g4 r8 g8 d'4 c4 ~
    }
    {{ g2 \repeatTie r2 }}

Here is the PDF rendering of the \repeat volta statements:
VoltaRepeat.JPG
I would like to suppress the repeat sign in the measure preceding the first ending.

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 9:58 PM Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 26.08.19 um 03:22 schrieb keith Luke:
> Is it possible to suppress the a volta starting repeat?

Yes, that should be possible.

> The following code generates a repeat in front of the g1.

No, it doesn’t. Please always give a minimal *working* (i. e.
compilable) example. Which LilyPond version do you use?

>    \set Score.voltaSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 4/4)
>    \repeat volta 2 { g1 ~ }
>    \alternative {
>      {
>        g4 r8 g8 d'4 c4 ~
>      }
>      {{ g2 \repeatTie r2 }}
>
> As an alternative solution, is it possible to generate volta brackets as
> markkups?

I don’t think so. And how would volta brackets have to do with a
starting repeat?