Re: \unset in paper block

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: \unset in paper block
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 14:49:17 -0700

On 2019-08-05 2:30 pm, David Kastrup wrote:
Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:
By the way, I happened to see that section 1.3.4 of the Extending
Manual sets off on the fact that it’s not possible to attach
articulations to variables (“We know that `{ \music -. -> }' will not
work in LilyPond”). So when that changes in future versions, this will
need to be rewritten.

It only works in music sequences now, not in general.  You'll still not
be able to state something like

var = \music -. ->

if I remember correctly.

What are the semantics of adding articulations to an instance of a music variable? Specifically, to which events in the variable are the articulations applied? Or would it be an error for the music variable to contain more than one note/chord to avoid ambiguity? Does this new syntax support other post-events (e.g. \tweaks and scripts) or just articulations?

My apologies for the questions, but I cannot recall seeing any discussion of this feature in the main list. Should I be subscribing to the developer list?

-- Aaron Hill