Re: How to set a fixed distance between upper page edge and top line of

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: How to set a fixed distance between upper page edge and top line of first staff?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 12:46:25 -0500

On 7/30/2019 12:21 PM, kimfierens wrote:
To be honest, it seems a bit disappointing that a sophisticated piece of
software (which LilyPond obviously is) seems unable to accomplish what the
18th century engraver probably took no more than a ruler and some elbow
grease.

LilyPond probably CAN do it somehow. It can even be used a graphical drawing app if someone desires. Examples in this thread:

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2018-12/msg00125.html>

The question is more about how much effort people are willing to put into their project, and whether they want a one-off, ad hoc result or something more generalized and elegant.

Oh, and I just remembered this thing from David Nalesnik...

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2018-01/msg00107.html>

...that generates a music lesson worksheet. It has a table definition of some sort that might be interesting for your use case. It's WAAAY over my head, I don't know how it works.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA