MusicXML beat-repeat question

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: MusicXML beat-repeat question
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 14:25:39 +0200

Hello folks,

I’m trying to understand how <beat-repeat> is working in MusicXML.

The example at
https://usermanuals.musicxml.com/MusicXML/Content/EL-MusicXML-beat-repeat.htm
is the only one I found, and:

        - the first measure has three two-notes chords, and a fourth one is
missing;

        - adding the fourth one leads to the following with the attached file:
                - musicxml2ly crashes, see below;
                - MuseScore and Sibelius 7.1.3 produce 4 two-notes chords, but
no slashes;
                - Finale 2014 produces 4 slashes, but no notes.

I’ve been wondering whether this example has ever been tested actually.

Can someone supply me with a functional beat repeat example?

Thanks!

JM

—

menu@macbookprojm: ~/libmusicxml-git/files/samples/musicxml > musicxml2ly
repeats/BeatRepeat.xml
musicxml2ly: Reading MusicXML from repeats/BeatRepeat.xml ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly", line
3297, in <module>
    main()
  File "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly", line
3291, in main
    voices = convert(filename, options)
  File "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly", line
3168, in convert
    (voices, staff_info) = get_all_voices(parts)
  File "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly", line
2766, in get_all_voices
    all_voices = voices_in_part_in_parts(parts)
  File "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly", line
2756, in voices_in_part_in_parts
    voices = voices_in_part(p)
  File "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/musicxml2ly", line
2743, in voices_in_part
    part.interpret()
  File
"/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/share/lilypond/current/python/musicxml.py",
 line 1361, in interpret
    int(attributes_dict.get('divisions').get_text()))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute ‘get_text’