Re: Lilypond: The notes on the staff don't match with notes on the guita

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lilypond: The notes on the staff don't match with notes on the guitar tab
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 16:54:31 +0200

Yuchuan LIU <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I only use Lilypond for 2 days. But I encountered an issue - the notes
> on the staff don't match with those on the guitar tab.

Guitars are played an octave lower than written so you should use

    \clef "treble_8"

for writing them and write the notes one octave lower (possibly aided by
the \transpose function).

If you used LilyPond only for 2 days it might have been worthwhile
looking at examples for guitar notation in the manual.

--
David Kastrup