Re: LilyPond can't engrave 16 pages of music

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: LilyPond can't engrave 16 pages of music
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 11:41:28 +1100

Hi Reggie,

What OS are you on?

Andrew

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 at 10:48, Reggie <address@hidden> wrote:
I am trying to understand theoretically why this is failing. It's only 16
pages. I am a minimalist composer so as a test I tried this extreme
situation. But yet I don't quite agree rather that it's that extreme. It's
only 16 pages and LilyPond crashes.

\version "2.19.82"
{
  \time 4/4
  \repeat unfold 1000 { c4 d e f } % TEN PAGES of music
  \repeat unfold 1000 { f1 } % + SIX MORE PAGES of music
  \repeat unfold 1000 { c4 d e f } % BUT WHEN ADDING MORE PAGES, fail NOW
}

wHY?

Preprocessing graphical objects...terminate called after throwing an
instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc
Exited with return code 6.