Re: synchronization of feathered beams

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: synchronization of feathered beams
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 00:49:56 +0100

Am Fr., 21. Dez. 2018 um 23:18 Uhr schrieb Reggie <address@hidden>:

> Is there a way in LilyPond to simply add a beam line without changing the
> time or anything else behind the elements? I mean, visually say I had a c16
> feather beam measure that had all the math and checks OK. But I wanted 3
> lines for my feather beams. Can you add a "extra" beam line without having
> it impact anyy other elements? In score music.

Well, yes, it's possible, you can always rewrite the stencil, but it
would mean far more work than scaling durations.

> That would help me because I
> am slower than you with math.

I don't see a problem here.

Say you have an 8th: { \time 1/8 c''8[] }
This code creates a single 8th note with a one beam-segments

Now we want an equal lasting note with two beam-segmants.
So write the half duration, i.e. c''16 and double the it's length: {
\time 1/8 c''16*2[] }
Or use \scaleDurations: { \time 1/8 \scaleDurations 2 c''16[] }

Same for three beam-segments: { \time 1/8 \scaleDurations 4 c''32[] }

etc
Note, if \scaleDurations should be applied to more than one note, {
and } are needed.
Other examples are in the NR

Cheers,
  Harm