Re: feathered beam calculations

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: feathered beam calculations
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 19:27:48 +0000

On 12/21/18, 12:10 PM, "Reggie" <address@hidden> wrote:

    \relative c'
    {

      \override Beam.grow-direction = #LEFT
      \featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 2/1)
      c32[ d e f g f e f d f g f d e d f] c4~c | c1 |
    }

    My CODE has no errors. And yet the 2/1 does NOT space out any notes at ALL
    it's just normal beamed notes with fancy feathers. What math do I need how
    does one even know what math to use since there are no bar bad checks? See?
    :))

Did you even read Aaron's answer?  Your CODE does have an error.  You are
missing the braces around the music argument to \featherDurations!

\version "2.19"

\relative c'
{

  \override Beam.grow-direction = #LEFT
  \featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 2/1)
  {c32[ d e f g f e f d f g f d e d f] }c4~c | c1 |
}

This produces a ritardando, with the notes spaced steadily farther apart.

Carl