Re: Fatal error compiling large project (Win10/2.19.82)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Fatal error compiling large project (Win10/2.19.82)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 07:39:26 +0100

Am 19.12.18 um 07:17 schrieb Aaron Hill:
2) Is it possible to run Lilypond under WSL from Frescobaldi?

Possibly; however I do not use Frescobaldi, so I cannot speak from experience.  Theoretically, you should only need to configure Frescobaldi to launch LilyPond as "wsl /path/to/lilypond" so that it uses the WSL instance.

You would need to make sure the WSL environment is configured properly for things like fonts.  There is no automatic sharing of fonts, so anything you have installed in Windows would not be immediately available to WSL LilyPond.  And since Frescobaldi can only enumerate fonts on the Windows side, there could be some confusion.

I have no idea about the WSL, but in general I can't imagine there should be any source of confusion here. Frescobaldi wouldn't need to access anything font-like when it comes to LilyPond, only LilyPond does, and in that set-up LilyPond would run completely within the WSL, isn't it? Of course when you select alternative text fonts in the LilyPond document these would have to be accessible from LilyPond.

Urs