Re: Weirdness with \set associatedVoice

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Weirdness with \set associatedVoice
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 13:21:37 -0600

On Sun 16 Dec 2018 at 12:41:16 (+0100), Michael Gerdau wrote:

> I have an issue with \set associatedVoice, namely it appears that there is a
> problem with initializing it. I have created a small example (see below) to
> show my problem.
>
> Stanza 1 is what I want it to look like

Yes, that's a neat trick that 2.18.2 couldn't do, fitting lyrics to
the total staff rather than just a voice.

> and for stanzas 2-5 I would have expected the same result (2 and 3 are
> identical except for the enclosing <<...>> instead of {...})
>
> Is my understanding of what \set associatedVoice does flawed or is this a bug?

Without exactly working through the interaction with staff as opposed
to voice, you should know that "\one one" has never worked: the
set associated voice command has to be placed one syllable *earlier*
than the point in the lyrics where it takes effect. I assume there are
good reasons for this and that it won't change.

See if making that change has the desired effect.

Cheers,
David.