Re: Multiple tempos at the same time and midi playback?

From: Yakir Arbib
Subject: Re: Multiple tempos at the same time and midi playback?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 13:17:47 +0100

Sorry - email got cut!

Thanks DJF for your detailed example... I really appreciate it.  Yes I
am very new to LilyPond and still reading the latter parts of the user
manuals.  But from what you say, it seems like at least visually
LilyPond can accomplish a score with different metronome marks for
each instrument - and that is a great starting point for me!

By the way, what GUI would you suggest me to use where I can type in
the sourcecode and listen to playback without compiling a midi file
each time?

For the simultaneous midi playback of different metronomes, if
(whichever) GUI you suggest to me is an open source progect, then I
could try with the help of an experienced programmer to code an option
for simultaneous tempi playback.

It's been three years since I wrote my last piece for orchestra (using
Sibelius) which is no longer accessible for the blind.  And out of
frustration from not being able to compose since, I started developing
a new accessible notation software that did support simultaneous tempi
playback.  Unfortunately just when things were getting hot my
programmer walked out on me.  So that's how I thankfully discovered
LilyPond which might be a solution for me.  But at least from that
experience I know that (some way or another) simultaneous playback of
different tempi can be possible.

Thank you very much again people, and any other suggestion/ tip is
super appreciated!

Best day,

Yakir