Re: [Spam] Re: Status and future of abc2ly

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: [Spam] Re: Status and future of abc2ly
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 23:15:45 +1100

Hi Urs,

I had such poor results with abc2ly just recently that I can't imagine there is any user base using it in earnest, or even at all, else there would be lots of complaints. Or perhaps I was doing something wrong. I feel that it does not deserve a place in the stable.

I think instead of including another open source distribution inside our program distribution, we just have an NR section that mentions how to import ABC, using the existing musicxml2ly program. I think anybody wanting to do this sort of thing can cobble together their own shell pipelines, and download abc2xml themselves, given the pointer to it (which is all that I was missing).

Andrew