Re: markup column with baseline-skip relative to font size

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: markup column with baseline-skip relative to font size
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 13:00:14 -0500

Hi Aaron (et al.),

Thanks to your "trim-descenders" function, the output is as follows:

The carets all line up — because the text baselines do — WITH NO INDIVIDUAL TWEAKS REQUIRED! Taking tweak-and-recompile time into account, that probably saves me an hour over the course of engraving a score of this size and complexity.

Sure, the "gap" between the bottom of the glyph and the Beam varies according to the glyph… but in this case (i.e., with this particular usage of these text objects in this font), this is the desired compromise.

Thank you! I’m going to see how to change all my current markup functions so this outcome is a settable option (likely the default setting).

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info