Re: partcombine with 3-4 voices, flags not merged

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: partcombine with 3-4 voices, flags not merged
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 14:59:03 -0500

Hi Eby,

> Too bad \partcombine is limited to two voices after all these years.

As they say: Patches are enthusiastically accepted.  =)

> Following is the excerpt from the file i'm working on and the output with &
> without transparent flag and beam.

I still don’t understand why you don’t use chords… Especially given the number
of repetitions, this kind of coding is dead simple with chords:

RH = {
  <cs' fs'>8 8 <cs' e'>8 8 8 8
}

LH = {
  <cs gs>8 8 8 8 8 8
}

etc.

I don’t see the benefit of partcombine, even if it *did* accept more than two
voices.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer