dynamics and pedal as separate "voices"

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: dynamics and pedal as separate "voices"
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 11:36:20 +0100

Dear list.

For my pianoscores I use a "dynamics voice" (\new Dynamics = "dynamics" \dynamics) and a "pedal voice" (\new Dynamics = "pedal" \pedal).

On the whole they work perfectly but compared to dynamic marks attached to notes I find their possiblities a bit limited.
The same goes for the pedal marks.

As for the dynamics I would like to use it also for other expressive “instructions” like “p dolcebut I have no idea how to accomplish this in \new Dynamics = "dynamics" \dynamics.

As for the pedal marks I would like to use the “mixed” style and occasionally the “bracket” -style but again I have no idea how I can make “\new Dynamics = "pedal" \pedal” do it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
 Best regards,

Robert Blackstone