Re: GUI for selecting text and music fonts

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: GUI for selecting text and music fonts
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 20:32:44 +0200

Am 21.09.2018 um 20:24 schrieb Br. Samuel Springuel:
The one problem that jumps out at me about Karlin's proposal is that the information about the font type (OTF, SVG, WOFF) and whether or not that type has a defined brace would be lost.  That sort of information can be important depending on your target file format.  If you can find a way to show that information while using drop-down menus as proposed, then I think that Karlin's proposal could work.

Using dropdown lists for the text fonst is something I'd like to avoid. These are currently used in the "Document fonts" dialog, and I find them extremely clunky when you have large numbers of fonts installed. But I think it'll be possible to create something similar where the pull-down part is not the flat formatted font-name list but something derived from what the text font tab currently shows.

Similarly a "Music font" pull-down doesn't have to be limited to the font name. It could be a row with checkboxes, just like in the current version of the Music Fonts tab.