Re: turning a blind eye to dotted note

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: turning a blind eye to dotted note
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 18:20:23 +0100

On 29.01.2018 18:13, bb wrote:
I already understand THAT lilypond is checking the bar lines I set myself and give me a message if wrong/critical. But I do not understand why lilypond is setting the same wrong/critical bar line WITHOUT giving me a message. As lilypond obviously checks bar length, why not telling me a problem if a bar length (17/16 in my example) is too long?

Read more carefully. There’s a difference between bar line and bar check. A | in LilyPond does not insert a bar line.

Best, Simon