How do I apply patch files to my LilyPond binary on Windows?

From: Robert Murdoch
Subject: How do I apply patch files to my LilyPond binary on Windows?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 08:40:05 +0000

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to apply patch files to binaries on Windows, and if so how to do it.

I have been waiting for about a month for LilyPond 2.19.81 where hopefully the problem with the repeat ties in chords will be fixed (in case any reader doesn't know, as of 2.19.80 repeat ties can be applied to all notes in a chord, but not individual notes). I have been eyeing the bug tracker (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/) and git repository (http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git) and it appears to have been fixed in the master branch.

Now I'm wondering if I can apply the patch at https://codereview.appspot.com/332990043 to my Windows binary file. I was going to complain that I was running out of patience waiting for the next unstable release, but then I realised it's my own fault for not asking this question sooner.

Anyway, thanks for reading.