Re: New User introduction

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: New User introduction
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 10:07:14 -0600

On 11/10/2017 4:05 PM, Daniel Chavez wrote:
I am a totally blind musician and have been playing piano since I was
3-years-old. I came across LilyPond in my efforts to find a free-ware software
that I can write out my music for sheep music purposes

We have an extended-family member who is blind from an early age due to an inherited retina disorder. I've seen some of what she can do with braille embossers, braille terminals and such, and I can see LilyPond's text-based input design being an advantage for use with those tools.

Now, I am curious about the sheet music format you use for working with LilyPond's OUTPUT. Is it something based on printed pages, as LilyPond is most commonly used? Or something texture-based like Music Braille?

I didn't know Music Braille existed until just now...
http://braillebug.afb.org/music_braille.asp
...but apparently it originated in 1837 with Monsieur Louis himself.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA