Re: MMR vs Rest collision

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Re: MMR vs Rest collision
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:55:17 -0400

Hi Phil,

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/writing-rests#full-measure-rests
> See "Positioning multi-measure rests"

Thanks for the pointer. I should have mentioned that I'm aware that
you can set them manually.
But I'm still curious as to why (technically) do they not behave like
"normal" rest as far as vertical positioning with voices is concerned.
I suppose that since they are in the very middle of the measure, they
are not attached to (I guess) a notes-column hence they cannot be
aware of them? I do not have a clue.

I take it there is no current way for MMR to be placed automaticaly
"bellow" a voice as a rest would.

My first example was using \cueDuring and the MMR positioning override
*does* work correctly.
I was trying to avoid having to split \tagging \overrided stuff and
"normal" stuff.

\version "2.21.0"

cued = \repeat unfold 8 {c'8 d'}
\addQuote "cued" \cued