Re: Gotlandstoner

From: Erik Ronström
Subject: Re: Gotlandstoner
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 22:42:56 +0200

> Nice work, but your pdf includes many different subsets of the lilypond fonts
> and is several MB to big because of this.
>
> Use the --bigpdfs option of lilypond  in step 3. The resulting pdfs are
> _much_ bigger because all glyphs from the fonts are included.

Wow, thanks, I hadn’t thought of that at all! There’s always something more to
learn! :)

> A lot of pages contain a lot of white space. It would be possible to include
> every staff as a paragraph instead of including the whole pdfs ….

Yeah, but that is intentional. I didn’t want tunes split over page breaks
(except the tunes that are too long to fit in one page). Actually that was the
main reason for not using lilypond-book: I wanted more fine-grained control
over vertical spacing, and I found that much easier to achieve when lilypond
takes care of the whole typesetting process.

Erik