Re: vertical spacer in figured bass

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: vertical spacer in figured bass
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 08:24:07 -0400

Hi Richard,

> On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 15:08 +0200, Urs Liska wrote:
>> BTW: what I'm wondering about (only reading this on the list) is: why
>> are you talking about "\context Staff" and not "\context FiguredBass"?
>
> It seems I am using \context Staff to force the bass figures above the
> notes 18th c style rather than below, 19th c academic style.

Perhaps better is to simply tweak a real FiguredBass context?

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\score {
  <<
    \context FiguredBass
    \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-affinity = #DOWN
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #1.5
      implicitBassFigures = #'(0)
    }
    \MvmntIVoiceIBassFiguresLine
    \new Staff = "Part 1"  <<
      \new Voice = "MvmntIVoiceI"  {
        \clef treble \key c \major \time 4/4 \MvmntIVoiceI

%%%  SNIPPET ENDS

Hope this helps,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer