Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 20:08:26 -0400

Hi Simon,

> You mean one command for use in markup and music? That’s not possible,
> because markup commands have a different namespace in that \huge is
> translated to #:huge in the Scheme ‘markup’ macro, which is then translated
> to make-huge-markup. (Which is also why define-markup-command has such a
> different syntax from define-music-function &c.)

Okay… but can we at least shared one implementation between all of them, so
that they have feature- and bug-parity?
Fortunately, I've found a way (see thread in -devel) to at least call one from
the other, so that's a plus…

> Maybe
> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/naming-conventions-of-objects-and-properties>
>  should be somewhat extended to cover musicFunctions and markup-commands?

I'll take a look.

> In the special case of font size, you have to chime in as a native speaker
> whether fontsize is even correct, i.e. spelling it as one word.

In English, nobody would say "fontsize"; we would say "font size". Hence
"font-size" or "fontSize" at least make some sense.
That being said, I don't always expect hyphens or camelCase to suddenly make
code names into recognizable English.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer