Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: setting baseline-skip "from this point on"
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 13:15:41 -0400

Hi David,

The docs (1.8.2 Formatting text) say

>> Known issues and warnings
>> Using the font sizing commands \teeny, \tiny, \small, \normalsize, \large,
>> and \huge will lead to inconsistent line spacing compared to using \fontsize.

I'm trying to get my head around the various situations and issues involved,
and what it would take to eliminate the inconsistency.

> \huge is already defined as a proper markup command so your
> music expression is not getting called inside of markups.

Ah. In property-init.ly, it says

    huge = \set fontSize = #2

I was trying to improve that definition to solve the "inconsistent line
spacing" problem (noted above). I pulled the definition out into the snippet to
work with it there, but I guess that doesn't work as I would expect it to…

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info