export as image (png)

From: Lodewijk de Vries
Subject: export as image (png)
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 16:31:12 +0000

Hi there,

I'm a music teacher, and I'd like to use LilyPond to create music notation examples, to use them in lessons, tests and theory overviews. Pretty much like the graphic examples in the LilyPond handbook, http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/5f/lily-9dc23fce.png for example.

But: I don't know how to create the PNG files. I've done some research, and I found out that it can be done through use of the command line. I never used the command line (or the terminal), so guess I'm stuck there.

Can someone explain to me what to do, in order to create small notation snippets, like in the handbook? Currently I'm using LilyPond on my Macbook (OS X).

Thanks!
- Lodewijk