Re: Trolling and unacceptable behaviour on the list

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Trolling and unacceptable behaviour on the list
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 14:53:14 +0000

Some types of personality and behavior can be taken for offense, or
entertainment. For example, the "Dilbert" comic strip with the "Topper"
character.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dilbert_characters#Topper

Or even better, the "Flame Warriors" guide: http://flamewarriorsguide.com/

     "Some years ago a minor spat ignited a searing flame war that
threatened to consume a once-placid discussion forum. While the forum
burned I amused myself by caricaturing the chief antagonists. Confounded
at seeing themselves thus revealed, the combatants fled the field in
disarray.

     "Over time the roster of online belligerents expanded and
eventually congealed into the netizen's guide to Flame Warriors. My own
bad internet behavior would certainly have provided sufficient material
to populate an extensive rogue's gallery, but suggestions and comments
from astute observers continue to enrich the Flame Warriors collection.

     "Please report immediately any sightings of new Warrior variants."

I am impressed by how much "Eagle Scout" behavior I've seen in my small
experience with LilyPond and its user list.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA