Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Solution to 7 over sqr(71) time against integer polyrhythms
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:41:23 -0700

On 2016-11-17 03:47 PM, Simon Albrecht wrote:

Here’s the point where I instantly feel compelled to say “ok, now let’s really ban him from the list”. You are calling Kieren, honorable member of the community and one of the most proficient LilyPond users there are, an outright liar. That’s outrageous. Begone.

In the early days of Usenet, we would reach a point where we Do Not Feed The Troll. It seems clear to me that the person posting as mclaren is unlikely to be part of a constructive and civilised discussion, given the tone of the posts I've seen, so I've added a filter to my email which simply deletes mclaren posts unread.

It may be useful to document LilyPond's problems with irrational numbers, probably as a Known Issue in NR 1.2.3, but, while irrational time signatures and tuplets may well be interesting, I doubt that mclaren's insistence is shared, and certainly not to the point of being an obsession.

Cheers,
Colin

--
The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. - H. L. Mencken